Hi, I’m Jo-emma. A nutritional therapist and health retreat host working with both private clients and within large organisations promoting health and wellness. A keen advocator of plant based nutrition and eco awareness. I will be sharing tasty ideas and beneficial tips to compliment your pilates lifestyle
As pilates has so much emphasis on your abdominal muscles you certainly won’t want to be going into class with a full tummy. Your core will be fully engaged so a light snack an hour before or two hours for a larger meal before class is ideal. The idea is to be energised not lethargic. We are all different so try different snacks and meals until you find what’s just right for you.
Here are some ideas for a nice light, tasty and nourishing meal;
- A smoothie – A calming green one with some healthy fats such as an Avocado, Apple juice, Green leaves, Banana, Spirulina and almond butter
- Yoghurt and berries – I love the brand “Coconut Collaborative”, a coconut based, dairy free yoghurt which has the added benefits of gut friendly bacteria.
- Lettuce wrap – with some hummus, shredded carrot and raisins, drizzled with some olive oil and lemon
- Soup – sprinkle with some flaked almonds or toasted pine nuts instead of croutons
- Lentil rice cakes – buttered with avocado, lemon juice, sliced cucumber or tomato